Forkd is built on two fundamental principles:
- We don't believe in One True Recipe for anything.
- When you like a recipe, you make it yours.
What does this mean in practice?
1. We don't believe in One True Recipe for anything.
Rather than pretending that anyone could ever make, say, the Ultimate Lasagna, we were more interested in encouraging as many versions as possible. We find it fascinating the way that recipes change over time, in different hands.
2. When you like a recipe, you make it yours.
All recipes on Forkd have an Attribution Sharealike licence. While we believe in always acknowledging influences (this happens automatically), when you fork someone else's recipe, it becomes yours to change in any way you wish. It's like you cut it out and stuck it into your recipe file.
The Forkd kitchen
Isotoma: A small team, with big appetites. (Roll credits:)
- Jared Folkmann: Inspiration, boxes and arrows
- Francois Jordaan: Boxes, arrows, words and pixels
- Doug Winter: Planning and doing the scary stuff
- Andy Theyers: Doing the scary stuff
- James Gregory: Doing the scary stuff
- Antony Semonella: Doing the scary stuff
- David Bell: Doing the scary stuff
- Tom de Simone: Doing the scary stuff
Check the blog for views and news from the kitchen.