This policy has been created to explain our privacy practices so you will understand when and how personal information is collected, used, disclosed and protected. We value and respect your privacy.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Forkd users.
- You may not use the forkd.com service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the forkd.com service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack forkd.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with forkd.com
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Forkd members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Forkd.com, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Therefore, we encourage you to check our Policy whenever you use the Service to see if it has been updated since your last visit.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Forkd collects personal information when you register with Forkd or add content to Forkd.
When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your name, birth date, city of residence, gender, biographical information and personal interests.
Forkd automatically records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request. We may also use web beacons.
Forkd uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
The information that you upload to Forkd will be in the public domain and will be held under a creative commons licence. This means that your information is allowed to be modified by others (although credit will be given to you for original posting).
You can remove your profile at any time by deleting your account. Deleting your account will mark yourself as "deceased" in any family trees, and your screen name will remain visible in some areas, but your profile information will not. All your recipes will be deleted, but if any users have forked (copied) your recipes, these copies will remain intact.
We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms, however if you choose not to, you can select an option to keep your recipes to yourself. These will not enter the publicly available recipes and will not be searchable.
Forkd is bound by all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf; A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Forkd to locate the material; Your contact information, including your address, telephone number and email address; A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to email@example.com or to:
The company's registered address is:
3&4 Park Court