Description (Some HTML is OK)
Easy and impressive asparagus side dish. Blanching the asparagus is quick and yields delicious, nicely colored asparagus with a flavorful dressing.
Makes 0 servings
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and chopped
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and lower 2 inches of stalks peeled
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
In a bowl whisk together shallot, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk until emulsified. Whisk in hazelnuts.
In a deep 10- to 12-inch skillet bring 1 1/2 inches salted water to a boil and cook asparagus over high heat until crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer asparagus with tongs to a colander and drain.
Transfer asparagus to a serving dish. Spoon vinaigrette over asparagus. Serve asparagus warm or at room temperature.