Description (Some HTML is OK)
Bacon And Cheddar Mashed Potatoes (Weight Watchers 6 PointsPlus)
Makes 6 servings
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon gold or baking potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 2 smoked bacon slices, cooked and finely chopped
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
Place potato in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well; return potato to pan over medium-low heat.
Add milk; mash potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Add cheese, and stir until cheese melts. Stir in sour cream, pepper, and salt. Top with green onions and bacon.
Makes 6 Servings (1 Cup Per Serving)
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 236; Total fat 5 g; Sodium 238 mg;
Carbs 38 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 9