Description (Some HTML is OK)
Filling and warming farmhouse soup, perfect for winter. Blend it even more and it makes perfect baby food too - but don't let that put you off.
Makes 4 servings
- 100g - 400g Bacon bits / diced cooking bacon (quantity to taste)
- 1 x Small/medium Swede
- 100g - 200g Red or yellow lentils (quantity to taste)
- 2-3 x Medium carrots
- 1 x Large onions
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Roughly peel and chop everything.
2. Little oil in large pan / soup tureen. Fry bacon + onions for 5 mins
3. All the other ingredients + salt/pepper to taste. *Just* cover with boiling water.
4. Simmer for 40 mins - keep eye on water level, stir occasionally. Lentils can go dry if you have not put enough water in.
5. Blend until desired texture.
Serve with Tabasco if you like it spicy.
Optionally put some cooked new potatoes in after blending if feeding hungry kids.