Description (Some HTML is OK)
A good light dish for a spring day ...
Inspired by Nigel Slater
Makes 2 servings
- 4 medium-sized red mullet
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs white wine
- freshly ground black pepper & sea salt
- handful of mint leaves, roughly shredded
- good pinch of saffron stamens
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Preheat the oven at 220C
2. Rinse the fish and pat them dry, then lay them snugly in an ovenproof dish.
3. Pour the olive oil into a small bowl, add the white wine and a little salt and ground black pepper. Roughly shred the mint leaves and stir them into the wine and oil with the saffron stamens. Pour the marinade over the fish and leave it for anything up to an hour.
4. Put the fish in the oven to bake, basting it once during cooking with the juices that surround it. It will take about 15 minutes, but check it after ten. The exact timing will depend on the size of your fish.
Serve with baby new potatoes and the cooked marinade juices.