Description (Some HTML is OK)
Simple cauliflower cheese, but baked for a decent flavour without tasting like crap school dinner.
Makes 3 servings
- 1 Cauliflower
- 25g Butter
- 25g Plain Flour
- 1 pint Whole Milk
- 150g Mature Cheddar
- 2tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 1tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Trim cauliflower, and break into florets.
2. Preheat oven to 200C
3. Cook Cauliflower in salted boiling water for 5 minutes, until tender.
4. Drain Cauliflower
5. Grease dish, put cauliflower in dish.
6. Melt butter in medium pan, add flour while stirring.
7. Remove from heat, beat in the milk.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes, until thick and creamy. Stir frequently.
9. Remove from heat, stir in three quarters of the cheddar, creme fraiche and mustard.
10. Season with salt and lots of pepper.
11. Pour sauce over the cauliflower.
12. Cover in remaining cheese.
13. Bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and bubbling.