Description (Some HTML is OK)
This is a sort of cheaty Chicken Basque, taken from St Delia's website. We eat this on a regular basis and neither of us could believe we had yet to put in on Forkd.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 part-boned chicken breasts (skin on)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion cut into thick slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 75g chorizo sausage (in a lump, not sliced) cut into 1 cm cubes
- 150ml risotto rice
- 275ml white wine
- 1 jar of Chicken Tonight Spanish Chicken (tomato with peppers)
- 1 tsp sweet pimenton
- 1 tbsp pitted black olives
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
2. In a flameproof casserole dish with a lid, heat the olive oil until v hot and then cook the chicken breasts until golden on both sides.
3. Remove from dish and keep to one side.
4. Add more oil if needed and then add the onion, garlic and chorizo to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the onion is starting to brown.
5. Stir in the rice, then the wine, then the tomato and pepper sauce and finally, the pimenton. Mix well.
6. Put the chicken breasts back into the dish, along with the olives.
7. Put the lid on the dish and turn the heat down to its lowest setting.
8. Leave to cook for around 30 - 35 minutes. Try not to stir it, but if like me, you're using a Le Creuset pan to make this, you might want to give it the occasional stir or risk creating a lot of work for yourself and and pan scrubber later on.
This goes very nicely with fresh bread and a green salad.