Description (Some HTML is OK)
Blogged atChicken Casserole Recipes
Delicious And Slightly Spicy Chicken Casserole Recipe
Makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 (7-ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) jar ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe (Mild)
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix.
3. Layer half of tortillas in prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture, beans and 1 cup cheese. Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.