Description (Some HTML is OK)
Healthy, delicious and easy one-pot cooking ...
Makes 4 servings
- 1tbs olive oil
- 2 large red onions, peeled and sliced finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 fresh long green chillies, sliced thinly
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 2tsp ground tumeric
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 500g chicken stir-fry strips
- 3 cups water
- 250g broccoli florets (even sized for even cooking)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- ⅓ cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan and cook onion and garlic, stirring until onion is browned lightly.
2. Add chillis and spices; cook, stirring until fragrant.
3. Add lentils, chicken and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and simmer covered for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender and liquid absorbed. Season to taste.
Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.