Description (Some HTML is OK)
This wonderful combination of vegetables combines beautifully with the lemony, garlicky couscous.
Makes 4 servings
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1tbs ground coriander
- 2tsp dark brown sugar
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 2tsp dried mint
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat a shallow non-stick baking tin.
2. Place the cinnamon, cumin, coriander, sugar, chilli flakes and mint in a bowl and combine well. Add the sweet potato cubes and mix well to coat them with the spices & herbs.
3. Pour the oil into the pre-heated baking tin, turning to coat the base. Add the sweet potato mixture, peppers and garlic cloves and bake for 20-30 minutes, turning the vegetables once.
4. Heat the stock to boiling point, put the couscous into a bowl and pour the stock over it. Cover tightly with foil and leave to stand for about 10 minutes for the couscous to absorb the liquid.
5. Squeeze the garlic flesh from the cloves. Use a fork to lightly fold the lemon juice and garlic through the couscous. Top with the sweet potatoes and peppers and scatter with coriander.
Serve as a meal itself or serve with char-grilled herbed chicken thighs or lamb cutlets.