Description (Some HTML is OK)
This is a great low-fat way to get a creamy sauce without using any cream
Makes 4 servings
- 375g pasta, such as spirals, fusilli or fettucine
- 125ml chicken stock
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 large handful basil (or parsley), chopped
- 1 x 400g can of red salmon, drained
- 250ml low fat creme fraische
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to season
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, until just tender. Drain.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the stock in a saucepan and add the spring onions, mushrooms and peppers. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing gently.
3. Add the salmon, creme fraische and season with black pepper.
4. Add the mushroom sauce to the drained pasta and toss to combine. Add basil (or parsley) and serve at once.