Description (Some HTML is OK)
Delicious chicken curry recipe with lots of yoghurt.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup plain yoghurt, beaten
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 3-4 whole cloves
- 1-2 dried bay leaves
- 4-5 whole black peppercorns
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp light cooking oil
- a handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- salt, to taste
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan and saute cardamom, peppercorns, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cloves, till they begin to sizzle.
Add onions and green chillies, and fry for 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat till onions turn pink and tender.
Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for another minute or two till it gives out oil.
Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric, coriander powder and garam masala, and fry for a minute.
Mix in chopped tomatoes and salt, and cook for a few minutes till tomatoes pulp and releases oil around the sides of the pan. Slowly stir in beaten curd forming a smooth gravy base.
Add chicken pieces, water if necessary, and allow to cook covered for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat till done.
Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve piping hot with a side of rotis or rice, and a salad.