Description (Some HTML is OK)
Blogged atDelia Online
Delia does it again.
Makes 0 servings
- 225g Bramley apples, cored and chopped small (no need to peel them)
- 110g shredded suet
- 175g raisins
- 110g sultanas
- 110g currants
- 110g whole mixed candied peel, finely chopped
- 175g soft dark brown sugar
- grated zest and juice 1 orange
- grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 25g whole almonds, cut into slivers
- 2 tsp mixed ground spice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- good pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tbsp brandy
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
* Combine all ingredients, except brandy, in large bowl, mixing thoroughly.
* Cover bowl with cloth and leave in cool place overnight.
* Pre-heat the oven to gas mark ¼, 225°F (120°C).
* Cover bowl loosely with foil and place in oven for 3 hours. Remove.
* As it cools, stir from time to time; the fat will coagulate and encase all the ingredients.
* When the mincemeat is cold, stir well, adding the brandy.
* Pack in jars that have been sterilised & seal.