Description (Some HTML is OK)
Makes 4 servings
- 1kg potatoes, unpeeled and cut into cubes
- 25g butter
- ½ savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 175g ham hock or pulled pork, shredded
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of salted water until tender. Drain, then allow to steam dry for about 3 minutes.
2. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan and then throw in the cabbage and onion and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock and cook for 5 minutes more until the veg is starting to soften.
4. Stir in the ham and potatoes and push down in the pan to flatten slightly. Cook for 8 minutes until the base is golden and crisp.
5. Heat the grill. Dot the remaining butter on top of the has, then flash under the grill until golden and crisp.