Description (Some HTML is OK)
Makes 4 servings
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- 200g basmati rice
- 2 eggs, beaten and seasoned
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Put the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, oil, garlic, ginger in a bowl and mix well.
2. Pour over the chicken breasts in an oven dish and leave to marinade for 15 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 200 degrees C while the chicken is marinading, and then place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes, basting the chicken occasionally with excess marinade.
4. While the chicken is cooking, cook the rice (I use a rice cooker, which takes 12 minutes).
5. Fry the beaten egg in a wok with a little oil, then add the cooked rice, coriander, chilli and onion and mix together well, until warmed through.
6. Serve with the chicken.