Description (Some HTML is OK)
A quick & dirty appetiser or snack...simple ingredients. All you'll need is a blender!
Makes 4 servings
- 200g canned chickpeas
- 7-8 pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 pitta bread
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
- Drain the chickpeas and remove 5/6 for presentation later.
- Blend the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, olives, pepper and water in a food processor.
- Add more lemon, cumin or salt for taste.
- Serve into a bowl and add the remaining 5/6 chickpeas and a splash of olive oil for presentation.
- Nuke the pitta breads on full power in a microwave for around 25-30 seconds and cut into strips to serve with the hummus.