Description (Some HTML is OK)
As Jamie said, this salad is life changing, you won't ever think of salad in quite the same way again.
Makes 4 servings
- 300g Fine Rice Noodles
- 200g minced beef
- 2 teaspoons five-spice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
- 2 heaped teaspoons of grated fresh ginger
- 250g cooked peeled king prawns
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of 1-2 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon Nam Plah fish sauce
- 1 fresh red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. When ready, plunge into iced water to stop further cooking. The noodles should be al dente.
Fry the beef, with the 5-spice over a medium heat until well browned.
Add the prawns, ginger, garlic and sugar and cook for a further 5 minutes. Set the mix aside to cool.
Add the cooked mixture to the noodles along with the spring-onions, coriander, mint, lime-juice and namplah. Season generously and toss.
Chill in the fridge and serve