tepic forked this from tepic and changed it:
"My in-laws turned up and unexpectedly needed feeding, so I had to increase the scope of the meal - it tasted even better!"
Description (Some HTML is OK)
This is similar to my original recipe, but the changes improve on the flavour significantly, so I thought I'd jot it down for posterity.
Makes 6 servings
- Olive oil
- 2-3 chicken thighs, skin on. De-boned and diced.
- 2 Medium onions, sliced.
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed.
- 200g Chorizo, skinned and diced.
- 2 large red pepper, diced into large pieces
- 200g cooked frozen prawns, defrosted.
- 2 tsp paprika
- 400g short grain sticky rice, e.g. risotto or sushi rice.
- 1.5pt stock
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Heat a little olive in a large non-stick pan or skillet.
2. Fry the chicken until the oils in the skin come out and the chicken starts to brown, about 6-7 minutes.
3. Add the onion and garlic. Fry gently for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chorizo and pepper. Continue frying for 3-4 minutes, until the oil starts to come out and the colour of the dish changes.
5. Add the rice and stir to coat it in the oils. Then fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add everything else and mix. Simmer for 15 mins until stock is absorbed and rice is cooked. Occasionally stir gently and add more water if the pan becomes too dry.