Description (Some HTML is OK)
A lovely moist low fat carrot cake.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tsp egg replacer and 4 tbsp water (or 2 eggs)
- 175g (6oz) sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 275g (10oz) carrots, grated
- 150ml vanilla soya yogurt (or oil if you want to make it high fat)
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp ground mixed spice
- For the icing
- 75g (3oz) icing sugar
- 40g (1.5oz) soya spread (or softened butter)
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4 and grease round cake tins
2. Whisk the egg replacer and sugar for a min.
3. Add vanilla, carrots and yogurt to the egg mixture and mix.
4. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and ground mixed spice to the mixture and fold in.
5. Place mixture into the tins and cook for about 30 mins or until a knife in the middle comes out clean.
6. Mix ingredients for icing together and when the cake is cool, spread on. Don't be impatient, the cake must be cool!