Description (Some HTML is OK)
A very tasty recipe and low in fat (about 1.3g of saturated fat per serving).
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 275g cousous
- 15g pine nuts
- 25g black olives
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened.
2. Add most of the crushed garlic (keep back about a teaspoon), ginger, turmeric, and stir for about a minute.
3. Add the chicken, cinnamon, lemon juice and 500ml of chicken stock.
4. Season, bring to a simmer and cook (uncovered) for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
5. While this is cooking, mix together the remainder of the garlic, chopped herbs and lemon zest to make a gremolata. Set aside.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan and put to one side (cover to keep it warm).
7. Increase the heat and reduce the sauce by about half.
8. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the remainder of the chicken stock. Stand for 5 minutes and then add about 2/3rds of the gremolata and pine nuts.
9. Return the chicken to the pan along with the olives and remainder of the gremolata. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes before serving up with the couscous.