Description (Some HTML is OK)
A great winter warmer recipe. Get this one out when you've got people over and the snow is flying.
Makes 6 servings
- About 1.1 litres/2 pints of chicken stock (Make your own if you can, it tastes better. Otherwise cubes will do.)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (diced)
- 400g of risotto rice
- 2 glasses of dry white wine
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 70g of butter
- 115g of parmesan cheese (more the better!)
- 8-10 shittake mushrooms (cut into chunks)
- 10 spears of asparagus (cut into pieces)
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
Heat the stock. In another pan sweat (at a low heat) the onions and garlic in the olive oil for about 5 minutes or until the onions are clearish. Then add the rice and turn up the heat.
The rice will fry and when it looks translucent add the wine and stir. Once the wine has been absorbed by the rice, add 1 ladle of hot stock and your salt. Turn down the heat so that the dish is simmering.
At this point you'll want to add your mushrooms and about 10 minutes later add the asparagus.
Keep adding ladles of stock. Make sure you allow each ladle to be absorbed before adding the next. It'll take about 15-20 minutes for the rice to cook through, taste some to make sure. It should be soft but still firm.
Remove it from the heat and add in the parmesan and butter. Stir and serve!