Description (Some HTML is OK)
This salad has a great yin/yang of flavours.
It is worthy of starring in its own role at mealtime, rather than a support act.
Makes 4 servings
- ½tsp chilli flakes
- 2 ½tbs fish sauce
- 1tbs lime juice
- 2tsp soft brown sugar
- Half roasted duck
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1tbs julienned fresh ginger
- 20g roughly chopped coriander
- 20g roughly chopped mint
- 80g roasted cashews
- 90g round lettuce
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Put chilli flakes in a frying pan and dry-fry for 30 seconds, then grind to a powder in a mortar & pestle. Combine chilli with the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a bowl, and set aside.
2. Remove the flesh from the duck and cut into bite sized pieces. Place the duck in a bowl with the onion, ginger, mint, coriander, mint and cashews. Pour in the dressing and toss gently.
3. Place the lettuce on a serving platter. Top with the duck salad and serve.