Description (Some HTML is OK)
Great summer dish ... packed full of flavour!
Makes 2 servings
- 400g pack of frozen "fruits de mer" (scallops, prawns, squid and mussels)
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 chilli, cut in half, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in half (half for the recipe / other half cut into quarters for garnish)
- 1 glass of wine
- Handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt for seasoning
- 200g spaghetti (no 12 is nice and fine)
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Heat the olive oil in a non stick pan, add the onions and gently cook until soft (approx 5 mins). Meanwhile ... rinse the frozen seafood and gently break apart.
2. Once the onions are soft, add the chopped chilli and garlic and stir for a minute or 2, then add the seafood and white wine. Gently stir until the seafood is mixed and wine comes to a simmer. Add the cherry tomatoes ans season with plenty of pepper and just a little salt. Cover and simmer gently for 8 minutes.
3. Put the pasta into boiling water and cook till "al dente" (approx 8 mins). Drain when ready then add to the pasta sauce.
4. Add torn basil leaves, juice of half a lemon and mix gently.
Serve with lemon garnish and parmesan cheese if you like.