Description (Some HTML is OK)
Gotta say, this is real comfort food and as tasty as well, these Spanish Eggs.
Very quick to prepare and make, pretty darn healthy too.
Makes 1 serving
- Loads of flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 5 or so capers
- 1 (or 2) large green or red chili depending on yer spicyness variable ;0)
- a capful of red wine vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- Mmm Hmm some Krusty bread to eat it with
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 - 220 and finely chop the shallots, garlic, ham (or chorizo) and chili.
2. Medium heat a frying pan or french skillet type thing and add the olive oil.
3. bung in the the above ingredients and lightly fry 'til the shallots have gone a bit translucent and the ham or chorizo is sizzling softly (normally about 3 - 4 mins)
4. turn up the heat, wait a little and add the capful or so of the red wine vinegar and the capers - this'll sizzle up a bit but you just wanna cook off the vinegar for about 30 secs or so but retain some of the sweetness & flavour.
5. Dump in the tin of chopped tomatoes and (loads of) parsley, stir and bring to the boil.
6. it should have reduced a bit and thickened slightly, remove from the heat and season to taste.
7. Pour the contents into a ramekin or some-such and make two hollows - crack an egg into each hollow, then season the eggs.
8. Stick in the oven on the top shelf for 15 mins - 20 mins if you like your eggs well done - i.e. hard!
9. Cut some big chuks of your favorite krusty bread to eat with it.