Description (Some HTML is OK)
Makes 4 servings
- 450g diced lamb
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 scotch bonnet, deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 5 curry leaves, crumbled
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Mix the ginger, garlic, cumin, salt and turmeric together with a splash of groundnut oil. Place the diced lamb in the mixture and stir in until the meat has got a good covering of the marinade. Leave for 30 minutes.
2. Heat some groundnut oil in a lidded pan and then cook the onions in it until brown at the edges.
3. Add the meat in its marinade and toss round the pan for a minute or two until it is seared. Put the lid on the pan and leave on a low heat for 10 mins.
4. Add the tomatoes, chilli, curry leaves and coriander and give a good mix round.
5. Put the lid back on and leave to cook over a low heat for 50 minutes.