Description (Some HTML is OK)
Healthy & delicious Chinese food to make at home
Makes 4 servings
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets such as hake
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed , cut into 4cm lengths and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 1.5tbs reduced salt soy sauce
- 2tbs Chinese cooking wine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 600g cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- 320g steamed Asian greens such as pak choi, to serve
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Put the fish on a large piece of baking paper in a single layer and sprinkle with the ginger, chilli and spring onions. Fold up the paper to make a parcel.
2. Steam for 10 minutes, until the fish is is just cooked and flakes easily.
3. Meanwhile, put the sesame oil, soy sauce, Chinese wine and garlic in a small saucepan and heat until boiling.
4. Divide the fish (and ginger, chilli and spring onions it was steamed with), rice and Asian greens among 4 plates. Drizzle with the hot sauce.