Description (Some HTML is OK)
Delicious de-boned stuffed Pigs Trotter with home made tomato sauce ...
*the whole pigs trotter is not for the faint hearted as it looks a little like a human arm when raw ... but fun to cook and even better to eat!
We bought our Pigs Trotter from: KC Continental Stores on Caledonian Road near Kings Cross station where the owner is always keen to share his knowledge of Umbrian cuisine so this is based on his recipe.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 x Negroni Stuffed Pigs Trotter (soaked for 24 hours in cold water)
- 2 x 400g cans of whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 400g cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 x onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Fresh ground pepper & sea salt for seasoning
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Soak the stuffed pigs trotter in cold water for 24 hours, ensuring it is well covered with water.
2. After 24 hours, drain the soaking water and refill with fresh cold water, once again ensuring it is well covered with water.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 2 hours with the lid on.
4. 10 minutes before the pigs trotter is ready to slice and serve, place the tomatoes, onions, cannellini beans, garlic and seasoning into a pan and simmer for 10 minutes
5. When pigs trotter is cooked, drain well and slice into 1inch / 2cm slices and arrange on plates. Top with tomato sauce and garnish with parsley.