Description (Some HTML is OK)
something to make with the dregs of the veg drawer. leave out the butter to make it vegan.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 leek (preferably one at the back that you forgot about that started to grow. or onion)
- some savoy cabbage (or other greens)
- some carrots (sliced, batons, crinkle cut.. go crazy. probably not grated though)
- veg stock, water or the nasty sauvignon blanc somebody brought round
- veg bouillon if not using stock
- olive oil
- butter if you like
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
slice the leek or onion, crush the garlic and sweat them off in a pan with oil and butter.
slice the cabbage and prepare the carrots as you wish.
once the leeks are swat, add the water/wine and bouillon or stock followed by the cabbage and carrots and stir so all the veg are coated. on a medium heat stick a vented lid on a and let the liquid steam off.
Once the pan is nearly dry add another 1/2 glass of wine or water (no bouillon this time), turn the heat up, stir and let it steam off again.
When the pan is nearly dry this time gently stir until all the liquid is gone and allow the veg to brown slightly.