Description (Some HTML is OK)
A meal that my whole family will eat including my two year old. Served cold so very easy for leftovers and even lunchboxes.
Makes 0 servings
- 10 oz. penne pasta (I use whole grain)- prepared and chilled
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1- 8oz. pkg of mozzerella cheese diced (or you can buy mozzerella ciliegine and slice in half)
- ½ medium lemon, juiced (I use about 3 squirts of lemon juice to taste)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegrette salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: diced chicken breast meat (I buy the already cooked packages of chicken and chop into bite size)
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
Toss all ingredients together; cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.