Description (Some HTML is OK)
Blogged atAward Winning Chili Recipes
Hearty Turkey Chili With A Mexican Twist
Makes 8 servings
- 1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cans of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ pkgs of taco seasonings
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 16 oz jar of medium chunky salsa
- salt & pepper to taste
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
Using a lidded 12"-16" skillet over medium high heat, saute garlic, onion, jalepeno in cooking spray approx 3-5 minutes or until slightly soft. Add turkey sausage, stirring occasionally to break up meat, seasoning with pepper. (Don't add salt until the end if desired). Cook until meat is cooked through, aprox 8-10 minutes.
Add chicken broth or water and taco seasoning, salsa and black beans.
Stirring occasionally , cook uncovered approx 10-15 minutes. You may add additional liquid to achieve desired thickness if it is too thin or thick for your taste. Chili will thicken as it stands. Taste before adding salt, as taco seasoning lends some salt to dish. Serve with tortilla chips, usual taco fixings or plain.