Description (Some HTML is OK)
A Lovely, simple, and crowd pleasing chicken which will make you seem like a master chef, with very little effort!
Note: serve with something 'wet', it can get a bit sticky otherwise
Original recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bessys-Zesty-Grilled-Garlic-Herb-Chicken/Detail.aspx
Makes 4 servings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 200 ml oil (preferably extra virgin olive, but I've used sunflower before!)
- 100 g natural sugar
- 8 ml honey
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 g salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried sage
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Mix together the oil, sugar, honey, garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, oregano, parsley, and sage.
2. Place chicken in a shallow dish. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover, and marinate 20 to 25 minutes in the refrigerator (or 3 hours if guests get delayed...).
3. Preheat the grill for medium heat.
4. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, or until exterior is charred and juices run clear.