Description (Some HTML is OK)
Spicy shrimp seasoned with authentic Jamaican jerk seasoning. Enjoy with a cool mango avocado salad, or add a Festive Wheat Salad to make it a complete meal!
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 pounds of Large Shrimp (8 oz.)
- 1 cup cooked Bulgar (Or Quinoa)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 1 sml sweet pepper
- ½ tbsp wet jerk seasoning (I prefer Walkerswood, but you can use a dry rub too.)
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 4 thick slices of pineapple
- 1 med Mango, diced
- 1 large Avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh corn
- ¼ cup black beans
- 1 lime
- Wooden Skewers
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1: Thaw shrimp. It should be deveined and peeled already.
2. Season with jerk seasoning, honey, 1/2 the diced onions, and garlic
3. Marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, soak Skewers in cold water to prevent burning.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
5. Skewer the shrimps. Leave an inch between them.
6. On a nonstick baking tray, place the pineapple slices, and then place the skewered shrimp on top
7. Bake for 15 minutes
(Remove pineapples, and cut into chunks. This will be used in the Festive Wheat Salad.
Festive Wheat Salad:
1. In a large bowl, combine Bulgar (or Quinoa), with pineapple chunks, corn, black beans, juice from 1/2 of lime, 1/2 the cilantro.
2. After all ingredients are combined, add salt and pepper to suit your taste.
Mango Avocado Salad:
1. Gently combine diced avocado and diced mango
2. Add the remaining lime, and cilantro
3. Add a dash of salt
Blogged at Optional. Fill in if you've blogged this recipe elsewhere and would like to link to it.
You've previously blogged this as a Draft post. Have you published it yet? If so, please add the URL so this recipe can link to it.