Description (Some HTML is OK)
Not for anyone on the Atkins diet!
This was from an old Nigella recipe book, one of the few that we actually enjoyed from it. I've tinkered with the quantities a bit, and you can add another potato and sweet potato (if you're feeling ravenous) without diluting the flavour at all.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 potato (red or King Edwards will do)
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 packet Halloumi
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Prepare the veg:- peppers chopped into 1 inch pieces, onion into 1 cm chunks, garlic through the presser, taters peeled and cut into pieces (1 cm pieces for potato, 1 in pieces for the sweet potato)
2. Slice the halloumi into fairly thin slices. Basically, you need enough so it spreads fairly evenly through the rest of the mixture.
3. Pour a good dollop of oil into a roasting pan of appropriate size. Enough to give your veggies a good coating.
4. Put the garlic into the oil, followed by the rest of the veg. Give it all a good mix so the veggies get some oil on them.
5. Add the halloumi and mix again.
6. Give the mixture a good grinding of pepper and mix again. Don't add salt unless you like your dinners incredibly salty - the halloumi is a very salty cheese and should provide all the salt you need for this dish.
7. Put in the oven at 200 degrees C for between an hour and an hour and 1/4. Mix from time to time. Once your veg are all soft and nicely browned on the top, take out and enjoy the carb rush!