Description (Some HTML is OK)
Great savoury muffins ... ideal for lazy Sundays
Makes 12 servings
- 80g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup finely chopped lean ham
- ½ cup coarsely grated mature cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 coarsely grated medium zucchini (courgette)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Grease 12-hole (1/3 cup) muffin pan.
2. Whisk 80g melted butter, 1 egg and 1 cup of buttermilk in a large bowl.
3. Stir in the ham, cheese, chives and zucchini.
4. Sift in selt-raising flour; mix gently (do not over-mix; mixture should be lumpy).
5. Divide the mixture evenly into pan holes. Bake muffins for about 20 minutes or until browned.
6. Stand muffins for about 5 muffins before turning out onto wire rack.
Serve muffins warm.