Description (Some HTML is OK)
Adapted from the recipe in Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Bible, this is one of her few recipes that doesn't require marinading. Which is great if you're a disorganised cook (like me).
Makes 4 servings
- 1 kg chicken thigh meat, cut into smallish pieces
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 6 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 8 tbsp tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Heat the oil in a wok and then add the ginger, onion and garlic. Stir-fry until golden brown (around 5 mins)
2. Add salt, turmeric and cayenne and stir a couple of times; then add the chicken.
3. When the chicken has turned opaque on all sides add the tomato and yoghurt and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. When the chicken has cooked through (another 10 mins) stir in the garam masala and then cook for another couple of minutes.
5. Serve with basmati rice and sprinkle on the chopped chillies on the top.