Description (Some HTML is OK)
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large chicken breasts, skinless
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp mixed dried herbs (I use Rosemary and Oregano)
- 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely or pressed
- Pasta Salad
- 225g of Orrechiette pasta
- 1 red onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely or pressed
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp maldon sea salt flakes
- 3 sundried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 50g rocket
- (you could also add an aubergine or a courgette to the roasted vegetables)
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Make 3 shallow cuts across the top of each chicken breast and lay them in a shallow dish.
2. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken, rubbing it into the slashes. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
4. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and leave to cool.
5. Toss the peppers, onion and garlic in 2 tbsps of the oil and salt, put in a small roasting tin and roast for 30 mins.
6. Pan fry or griddle the chicken for 20 mins until golden and cooked through.
7. Whisk the remaining oil, vinegar and seasoning together. Mix the pasta, roasted veg, sundried tomatoes and rocket together in a large bowl and then stir in the dressing.