Description (Some HTML is OK)
Taken from the Guardian's recent "Quick and Healthy Menus" booklets, this made an excellent lunch. Although it was v quick, I'm not convinced about how healthy it was :)
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large tub of hummus
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 450g minced lamb
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp toasted pinenuts
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
2. When hot, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes until golden.
3. Add the lamb mince, cinnamon and salt & pepper. Break up the mince and fry for 5 minutes until browned and crispy all over.
4. Remove from the heat and place on a plate on top of a layer of hummus.
5. Sprinkle the parsley, pinenuts and paprika over the top.
6. Serve with crudites and/or toasted pitta bread.