Description (Some HTML is OK)
This has a wonderful Mediterranean feel to it and makes a great partner to fish dishes.
Makes 8 servings
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 400g tin red kidney beans
- 400g tin butter beans
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Drain the chickpeas & beans and mix well in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and garlic.
2. Add the olive oil and mix well.
3. Shred the basil leaves and add to the bowl, together with the lemon zest. Season with black pepper and give another mix.
4. Refrigerate overnight for all the flavours to strengthen before serving.