Description (Some HTML is OK)
Good relaxing Keith Floyd-esque cooking for a Sunday evening ... remember to save a glass of white for the casserole!
Makes 4 servings
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1kg skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped finely
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup toasted blanched almonds
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2tbs fresh thyme leaves
Preparation (Some HTML is OK)
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Heat oil in large flameproof casserole dish and cook chicken, in batches, until browned then set aside.
3. Cook the onion in the same dish, stirring, until soft. Return the chicken to casserole dish with potato, nuts, stock, wine, juice, garlic & thyme. Cover and cook in the oven for about 1 hour or until chicken through.
Serve with green beans ...